Language Builder® Pro
About Language Builder®
The Language Builder® PRO version comes complete with 600+ Language Builder® images including Animals, Foods, Transportation, Furniture, Clothing, Toys, Everyday Objects, Insects, Sea Life, Musical Instruments, Tools, Body Parts, Safety Sign, Shapes and Colors. The Pro version of the app also allows you to add your own images to create unlimited flashcards for use in the app's ABA-based activities. Save $$ hundreds on traditional flash cards.
Important!! If you are an educational institution seeking Apple's bulk purchase discount, you must purchase the PRO version which includes all word packs because we are unable to offer in-app purchases on bulk discount products.
The Language Builder®Language Builder PRO App is based on the top-selling autism curriculum tool, Language Builder® Picture Cards. The app teaches SIX core autism education activities with infinitely customizable presentations. Language Builder is professionally designed and used by Therapists, Teachers & Parents to teach children with autism, speech-language delay or special needs. You design the lessons: customize speech or text commands, card positions, prompts and prompt fading, target and distractor words, reinforce; and create unlimited users, save lessons, generate reports and add your own custom flashcards.
Version 1.2 is now ready to download and upgrade.
I'm so excited!! I use the stages/language builder flashcards religiously in my classroom, they are by far the best language flashcards I've found, and I've been pining for an app with the pictures from the cards!!!!
The photos are what you would expect from Language Builder—Colorful, realistic and varied.
- Identical Matching: teaches students to match identical pictures of familiar objects. Generally one of the first drills taught in an ABA or DTT program.
- Similar Matching: teaches students to match pictures which portray the same word, but with a different image. Helps students generalize from the therapeutic setting to a realistic environment.
- Receptive Labeling: students hear a word spoken by the iPad, then touch one of the displayed pictures to show they recognize the word and can find the corresponding picture.
- Expressive Labeling: presents the picture on the screen and asks students “what is it.” Therapists gauge response and deliver reinforcement to allow for shaping of pronunciation.
- Picture Identification: allows students to scroll independently through pictures and hear a spoken word paired with the picture on the screen. Great review of pictures and their labels!
- Sorting: allows students to sort pictures into categories with like objects.
Benefits and features of the Language Builder from Stages App:
- Therapists lighten your load by carrying all of your flash cards electronically
- Parents work with your child at home to increase learning time!
- You choose the words and the distractors
- Customize the presentation of the cards
- Choose from 1 to 6 cards in the selection field
- Select from multiple prompts, and methods of prompt fading
- Realistic voice commands and reinforcers (no robotic tone!)
- Choose visual, music and voice reward for finishing a drill
- Save $$ hundreds on traditional flash cards
- Appeal to students who are drawn to the iPad
- Your cards won’t get torn, worn out or lost!
Stages Learning Materials
Stages Learning Materials has been creating quality teaching tools since 1996. We were one of the first companies to create products specifically designed to meet the unique needs of students with autism, and we have dedicated our lives to quality autism education.
We all know that learning happens in stages. Learn to crawl before you walk, learn to walk before you run. Language development also happens in stages. Children learn to match objects first ("put apple with apple"), then to identify objects receptively ("give me the apple"), and finally to identify objects expressively ("what is it?" "it is an apple"). Our products are created to stimulate learning at each stage of language development.
The stages of your child's development are precious and wonderful. Stages Learning Materials will partner with you to make the most of every stage.
The Basic Language Builder from Stages app includes 90 Basic Stage images, with 500+ words available for purchase by category